The Quad City Mallards have teamed with MetroLINK to provide transit to and from five area bars and restaurants for each of the Mallards’ four remaining regular season Sunday home games, the Mallards announced today in conjunction with MetroLINK.
Starting with the Mallards’ game next Sunday, March 3, against Fort Worth and continuing for the Flock’s contests on March 10, March 17 and March 24, Metro routes will pick up fans at Governor’s and Rascals in Moline, Icons in Rock Island, Leisure Time in East Moline and Doc’s Inn in Silvis and drop fans at Centre Station, across River Drive from the i wireless Center. Fans will be dropped off at 3:45 p.m.- each of the Mallards’ Sunday home games starts at 4:05 p.m.- and will be picked up at Centre Station at 6:45 p.m. for the return trip. Full pick up and drop off information is listed below.
“We’re excited to partner with MetroLINK as well as each of the participating establishments to provide this service for our fans,” said Mallards President Bob McNamara. “We’re now able to provide convenient and affordable transit service for fans for each of our remaining Sunday games.”
The fare for Metro routes is just $1 one-way, or $2 round-trip. Pre-paid passes can be purchased at Centre Station, which is located at 1200 River Drive in Moline.
“Taking the Metro is a great way for fans to enjoy a Mallards game without the hassle of driving or parking”, said Jennifer Garrity, Manager of Administration for MetroLINK. “We are happy to provide this transportation option to offer an even more enjoyable Mallards experience.”
Fans taking the Metro to and from Rascals for next Sunday’s game will also have the chance to spend time with the Mallards themselves, who will join fans at Rascals- located at 1414 15th Street in Moline- after that contest for a special post-game event.
March 3 is also Youth Sports Day presented by Quad Cities YMCA and will see the first 1,000 fans ages 12 and under through the doors receive free Mallards youth jerseys. March 3 is also a Mallards Family Skate Day presented by Genesis Health Systems- fans can bring their skates and join the Mallards on the ice after the game.
Tickets for next Sunday’s tilt- as well as seats for all remaining Mallards regular season home games- can be purchased at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by- phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The ticket office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and on game days from 10:00 a.m. until the start of the second period.
Metro Sunday Schedule:
March 3, 10, 17 and 24
Doc's Inn - 985 Avenue of the Cities, Silvis, IL
• Route 30 will stop on east side of building, near entrance on 10th Street
• Pick-up on Route 30 at 3:10 pm, with drop-off at Centre Station at 3:45 pm
• Pick-up from Centre Station at 6:45 pm, with drop-off at Doc's Inn (same location) at 7:20 pm
Leisure Time - 845 Avenue of the Cities, East Moline IL (Hilltop Plaza)
• Route 30 will stop on Frontage Road (42nd Ave) south of business
• Pick-up on Route 30 at 3:15 pm, with drop-off at Centre Station at 3:45 pm
• Pick-up on Route 30 from Centre Station at 6:45 pm, with drop-off at Leisure Time at 7:10 pm
Governor’s - 2180 53rd Street, Moline, IL
• Route 30 will stop on 22nd Avenue, on south side of business
• Pick-up on Route 30 at 3:25 pm, with drop-off at Centre Station at 3:45 pm
• Pick-up on Route 30 from Centre Station at 6:45 pm, with drop-off at Governor's at 7:05 pm
Rascals - 1414 15th Street, Moline, IL
• Route 20 will stop on 15th Street in front of business, Route 30 will drop-off in same location after game
• Pick-up on Route 20 at 3:40 pm, with drop-off at Centre Station at 3:45 pm
• Pick-up on Route 30 from Centre Station at 6:45 pm, with drop-off at Rascals at 6:50 pm
Icons - 124 18th Street, Rock Island, IL
• Route 10 will stop on 2nd Ave at the intersection of 18th St
• Pick-up on Route 10 at 3:30 pm, with drop-off at Centre Station at 3:45 pm
• Pick-up on Route 10 from Centre Station at 6:45 pm, with drop-off at Icons at 7:00 pm
As “America’s Best Transit System of 2012”, MetroLINK, provides a number of transportation alternatives for the Illinois Quad Cities. Over 10,000 riders a day enjoy a convenient and affordable ride to work, school, or play. For just $30 dollars a month, Illinois Quad Citians can ride unlimited on all Metro routes, Nearly all buses utilize Compressed Natural Gas, and every bus features a bike rack for a greener ride. Learn more about how you can access the Metro at www.gogreenmetro.com or follow Metro on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MetroQC.