The Mallards are proud to support local hockey in the Quad City area and aim to increase the awareness, enthusiasm, and participation of youth, high school, and disabled hockey leagues in the Quad City area.
Quad City Hockey Association
The QCHA practices and plays at The River's Edge in Davenport and offers programs ranging from beginner to experienced:
- One Goal Program- This national and international program is a great combination of hockey education, basic skill development, and affordable equipment for children 4 and up.
- Learn-2-Play-Hockey Program- This program is designed for the players who have had some basic skill development and hockey education but require additional practice before league play.
- House Programs- The QCHA offers many levels of house programs: Termite (5-6), Mite (8 and under), Squirt (10 and under), Middle School 11-14, and High school
- Travel League- Travel league teams are formed to play at a more competitive level. This league requires travel around the Midwest area. The QCHA’s travel teams are known as the Quad City Ice Eagles and field teams from Mite to Bantam.
- Quad City Blues- The high school varsity and junior varsity hockey teams play in the Midwest High School Hockey League. Students from almost every high school in the area play on the Blues.
To learn more about the QCHA, visit their website.
Quad City Junior Flames
The Junior Flames are a Tier III Junior A level team, providing young adult players an opportunity to develop their hockey abilities to attain collegiate appointments and promotions to higher levels of amateur hockey. Players range from 14-19 years of age and come from around the country and sometimes internationally to play for the Junior Flames. Home games are played at The River's Edge in Davenport. The team's schedule and further information can be found at their website.
Sled hockey is a sport that was designed to allow participants who are physically challenged to play the game of ice hockey and is one of the most popular sports in the Paralympic Games. The Quad City Sled Hockey Association provides an opportunity for local athletes with and without disability to have fun, be active, and participate in hockey. Sled hockey games are played at The River's Edge in Davenport Sundays through mid-November.