The 2011-2012 season has come to a close, and we now take time to reflect on everything the Mallards have accomplished in the past six months on and off the ice. The Mallards are especially proud of the impact made outside the rink in the Quad Cities community this year. Through the combined contributions of the efforts listed below, the total impact made in the community throughout the last year totals over $140,000, nearly 100 appearances, 600 stuffed animals, and one ton of food! Thank you Mallards fans for your generosity and support throughout the season!
- Donations: Since August 2011, the Mallards have fulfilled 258 donation requests valued at nearly $40,000!
- Appearances: Nearly 100 guest appearances by Mallards players, front office staff and mascot Mo Mallard took place this season.
- Pink in the Rink: Last fall the Mallards partnered with Genesis Health System to raise over $23,500 for the Genesis Center for Breast Health through a specialty jersey auction and the sale of "Men of the Mallards" calendars!
- Heart Night: The Mallards celebrated American Heart Month in February with Genesis by raising nearly $20,000 for the Genesis Heart Institute through a specialty jersey auction.
- School Programs: This season the Mallards offered Quad City area schools two different programs to provide incentives for students to work hard. The Mallards are proud to have donated 2,500 ticket vouchers to area students throughout the season for their hard work in the classroom!
- Seats for Soldiers: In celebration of Military Appreciation Night, Mallards fans and partners donated over 1,000 tickets to local military personnel through the Seats for Soldiers campaign in February.
- Teddy Bear Toss: Always a fan favorite promotion, Mallards fans donated over 600 new stuffed animals in our annual Teddy Bear Toss in November, which were donated to children in need throughout the holiday season.
- Food Drive: Last fall, with the help our generous fans, the Mallards were able to collect one TON of food (2,240 pounds!) for Churches United food pantries!
Non-Profit Support: Various promotions and special events benefiting other local non-profit organizations took place throughout the season as well. Highlights from benefiting organizations include:
- Muscular Dystrophy Association- A Mallards hat sale last fall raised $1,420 for the MDA.
- Salvation Army- Through various fundraising efforts, including the auction of player holiday ornaments, the Mallards were able to donate over $700 to the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign in December.
- Children's Miracle Network: Clear Channel radio helped sell grab bags in February to generate $1,200 for the CMN.
- American Heart Association: The Mallards donated hundreds of tickets for the last game of the season to students who raised $50 in their schools' Jump Rope for Heart campaigns.
- Genesis Health Services Foundation: Through Jersey off the Back promotions on Saturday nights throughout the season, $3,585 was raised for the Genesis Health Services Foundation.